The frequency of claims in dental offices across the country are increasing each year. More importantly, these events are continuing to exploit major coverage gaps commonly found in dental insurance programs, leaving dentists and their patients to fend for themselves. Dental offices face very unique exposures that must be addressed to preserve the livelihood and reputation of these practices. That is why we have created a specific division dedicated to serving our dental professionals.
Key coverages include:
- Professional Liability/Malpractice
- Cyber Liability
- General Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Workers Compensation
Our focus is led by Jay Roberts, Director of our Dental Division. Jay has immersed himself in the industry. From understanding all of the pros and cons of various dental programs available, to learning the differences between Endosteal and Subperiosteal implants, Jay has developed a level of expertise that is unmatched by any other. Jay has helped our division reach several milestones over the years which include:
- Invitations to nearly 15 dental societies across the North Carolina and South Carolina for his Risk Management Workshop series. This workshop addresses the current trends in malpractice lawsuits, what procedures are causing the most claims, ways dentists can reduce the likelihood of lawsuits, etc.
- Authoring risk management articles that were featured in nationally recognized publications.
- Becoming the state representative for a nationally recognized dental-focused insurance carrier at the North Carolina Dental Society annual convention.
- A nomination to serve on the advisory committee for the American Dental Association for general insurance practices with an emphasis on Cyber Liability.